Applications of Item Response Theory To Practical Testing Problems by F. M. Lord
By: F. M. Lord
Print ISBN: 9780898590067, 089859006X
eText ISBN: 9781136557316, 1136557318
Copyright year: 1980
Published in 1980, Applications of Item Response Theory To Practical Testing Problems is a valuable contribution to the field of Education.
The purpose of this book is to make it possible for measurement
specialists to solve practical testing problems by use of item
response theory. This theory expresses all the properties of the test,
as a measuring instrument, in terms of the properties of the test
items. Practical applications include
1. The estimation of invariant parameters describing each test
item; item banking.
2. Estimating the statistical characteristics of a test for any
3. Determining how the effectiveness of a test varies across ability
4. Comparing the effectiveness of different methods of scoring a
5. Selecting items to build a conventional test.
6. Redesigning a conventional tests.
7. Design and evaluation of mastery tests.
8. Designing and evaluating novel testing methods, such as
flexilevel tests, two-stage tests, multilevel tests, tailored tests.
9. Equating and preequating.
10. Study of item bias.